Luckyscent
Fragrance X
Indiescents
First in Fragrance
99Perfume
ExcelsisUSA
Parfum1
My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, NY
© Copyright 2005-2011 Perfume-Smellin' Things
All rights reserved
Custom Search

Thursday, May 16, 2013

Eau de Dior Coloressence Energizing

By Tom

I'll be posting about the LA event the Posse there tomorrow, but I want to say here how much fun it was and how much I'm looking forward to the next one. The best part of it had to be getting to pal around with Portia Turbo, who is just as lovely out of a dress as she is in. We hung out for a couple of days, visiting with the lovely Roxana of Roxana Illuminated Perfumes, where we spent hours chatting, trying out accords and basically laughing our a$$es off. Portia was on a quest to find the second Madonna scent, which I hadn't heard of and apparently nobody bought (it was finally located in the Macy's in the Westside Pavillion.) Part of the quest was Century City, where we ran across a random little perfumery/beauty parlor that was selling some things at 70% off.

One of them was Eau de Dior Coloressence Energizing. It was part of a twin set of energizing (green packaging) or relaxing (pink packaging) that arrived in stores in 2000. It's a super-bright little concoction that's like a classic eau de cologne: minty-lemony top, powdery-rosy middle and skin-musk bottom. It's really quite nice, but I'm not jealous that Portia made the score, since she generously allowed me to decant some, and when it comes down to it I think I have about 5 other things in my closet that kind of trod the same path that I might reach for first.

Eau de Dior Coloressence Energizing is available online at various retailers for very little money. My sample came from the bottle Portia bought.

Image: Amazon

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am missing your company desperately Tom. During the flight and the various things you do while waiting I kept turning to tell you something but you were, alas, not there. I can't wait for next year and today I will spritz some DIOR in your honour.
Portia xx

4:18 PM EDT  
Blogger tmp00 said...

Oh darling I wish I was in you pocket..

4:09 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home